Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Poland- Back for the FIrst Time

























Those who know me know I'm Polish as I am not one to shy away from my background... They don't call me "The Polish Hammer" for no reason... goddamn right (haha). This was my first trip to Poland and I can honestly say it was an amazing place. All be it, perhaps the gnarliest place I had ever been as well. In a country that has become the new home of 'Hooliganism' as well as housing the £1 litre of Vodka, things are bound to crack off. Within roughly 3 hours of landing in my "Homeland", I was being lead around the town of Sosnowicz (outside Katowice) by my good friend and pseudo tour guide Pawel, when from across the street we see a group of thugs attack another group of guys and things proceeded to get pretty fuckin rugged, ending with a couple steel toe kicks to the face for the unlucky chap on the ground... with the unmistakable sound of a broken face that was blatantly apparent even from our vantage point across the street.... Drunken thugs seemed to be a reoccuring theme in Poland, and without me giving a play by play of the rest of the incidents trust me... that wasn't the only person I saw get beat the fuck up... but the following day we were off to Krakow (the hometown of my fam) then to Warsaw... These are some pictures I took along the way.

No comments: