Friday, November 30, 2007

Crass - Feeding of the 5000 - London


On Sunday November 25th I was able to attend the closest thing to a Crass show, I will ever see. Crass is easily one of my favorite bands ever (oddly enough right behind the Smiths, go figure) and it was an experience. Steve Ignorant, the male lead singing of Crass, put on the "Feeding of the 5000", a 2 night event bringing the punkest people in the world to Shepherd's Bush, London, I am not a Punk, nor have I ever claimed to be but I am a huge fan of 80's Anarcho-Punk.
Feeding of the 5000 is perhaps the most classic of Crass albums, and it was performed in it's entirty. Fucking Hell, it was a good show, I would go as far as to say it was the "second" best show I've ever seen, beind seeing Morrissey in Tijuana (September Posts). The crowd was an angry mix of colorful spiked hair and leather jackets, easily the punkest things I've seen.
Opening up for Crass (well Steve Ignorant) were two of my favorite bands from that era- Zounds and Flux of Pink Indians. Here are some pictures I took from the show and some videos that were posted on youtube.










Big A, Little a


Bloody Revolutions


Shaved Women

No comments: